“This integrated BlackBerry solution has worked out better than we ever could have imagined. We’ve been able to do things we’d never even thought of a couple years ago.”Carl Clappison Chief Financial Officer, McIntyre Group Office Services Inc
- Industry: Retail/Wholesale
- Region: North America
- Company Size: Medium
- Solution: BlackBerry® smartphones, BlackBerry® Enterprise Server, Near Field Communication (NFC) key fob and Field Force Automation app developed by Soluteo Inc
- Manual, labor-intensive method of time entry and project costing that was error-prone and used both paper and computer programs
- Fragmented system resulted in significant administrative and overhead costs and made it difficult for company to align its revenues with costs
- Manual data entry often led to payroll process that did not match job-costing data and made it very difficult to determine a project’s profitability
McIntyre Group deployed more than 80 BlackBerry smartphones to employees and worked with Soluteo to develop the "Field Force Automation" app. The app has integrated the company’s previously disconnected processes into one database.
The team lead at the job site now has the work order assigned directly to their BlackBerry smartphone. Each worker can sign in by tapping a NFC key fob with the team leader’s BlackBerry smartphone, which automatically triggers a time stamp that tracks all job-related costs.
The app also connects the project lead to the account manager and customer and allows the lead to use the BlackBerry smartphone's camera to document progress and, if necessary, unanticipated site conditions. Once the day is complete the project lead can immediately file a completion report that is uploaded to the server, where the account manager can complete an invoice and email it to the customer.
- Streamlines payroll and job costing data entry
- Significantly reduces potential for human error
- Reduces administrative and IT costs
- Improves customer interaction and satisfaction