The World’s Most Secure Android Smartphone
Get Proven Security With BlackBerry
BlackBerry Secure Smartphones, Powered by Android
BlackBerry® sets the bar in incident response and patch management, and brings its world-renowned security experts and testing to the new line of BlackBerry secure smartphones powered by Android™.
With BlackBerry you can be confident that extra precautions are taken at both the hardware and software levels to protect your BlackBerry smartphone from malicious tampering. BlackBerry provides the most secure Android smartphones with a combination of:
- Security architecture
- Best-in-class security patch track record
- Dedicated security research and response teams
BlackBerry has applied its world-renowned security model to Android, to provide more confidence, control and visibility right out of the box—along with seamless integration with the most secure enterprise platforms.
Secure Right Out of the Box
Increasing the integrity of the Android OS is a cornerstone of BlackBerry Secure smartphones running Android. To that end, BlackBerry devices incorporate a number of improvements to Android’s base security, locking down Android capabilities that could give an attacker the opportunity to compromise your device. These improvements include preventing older versions of the OS from being loaded after a device upgrade and locking down Android’s core memory.
- DTEK by BlackBerry gives visibility and control over security and privacy to users. It lets you know when your privacy could be at risk so you can take action to improve it.
- A hardened Linux kernel includes numerous patches and configuration changes to improve security.
- Address Space Layout Randomization is a feature that makes it more difficult for attackers to target a device by scrambling application/system memory.
- BlackBerry Hardware Root of Trust is a unique manufacturing process that injects cryptographic keys into the device hardware, providing a secure foundation for the entire platform.
- Verified Boot and Secure Bootchain use the embedded keys to verify every layer of the device from hardware to OS to applications in order to make sure they haven’t been tampered with.
- FIPS 140-2 compliant full disk encryption on by default protects your privacy even if the device is lost or stolen.
Simple Integration of Powerful Enterprise Solutions to Securely Enable Business on Mobile
Open the door to a suite of powerful BlackBerry applications that further enhance productivity and security.
- BES®12 and Good Secure EMM Suites, the leading Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) platform used by the world’s most powerful governments and corporations.
- The BlackBerry Infrastructure, a secure distributed global network that transmits petabytes of encrypted data to and from the world’s most powerful leaders and professionals.
- Seamless integration with Android™ for Work and Good Dynamics to provide secure separation between work and personal data and applications. The Personal Space lets users download apps and protects their personal privacy, while the Work Space lets the enterprise secure its corporate data.
Best-in-Class Security Patch Track Record
Many popular smartphones put the user’s private information at risk of being hacked due to slow security updates. BlackBerry has a proven track record of being the quickest to deliver security patches. Other mobile device vendors can take weeks, months or even years to deliver security patches, leaving users or the organization vulnerable and at risk.
Dedicated BlackBerry Security and Response Teams
Providing world class security continues to be a significant area of focus, commitment and investment for BlackBerry. We have large internal teams dedicated to driving world class security leadership.
BlackBerry Security Incident Response Team
BlackBerry Product Security begins with front-line responders. The BlackBerry Security Incident Response Team (BBSIRT) is the industry’s gold standard in security incident response, ensuring that public and private reports of vulnerabilities are rapidly received, triaged, analyzed, and mitigated in order to protect your organization. An essential part of the daily work of BBSIRT includes collaborating with customers, partners, vendors, governments, academics, and the security research community, with a triage team monitoring the Android threat landscape 365 days a year from several top private and industry sources. This ongoing resource engagement helps BlackBerry deliver a unique level of security that customers depend on, by building collaborative relationships across the industry, responding rapidly to emerging incidents, and providing the guidance and tools customers need to protect their systems and devices.
Security Research Group
The Security Research Group (SRG) within BlackBerry Product Security provides groundbreaking insights into both the hardware and software security we’re developing and the malware and hacking tools constantly coming to light in the field. A global team of ethical hackers, their mandate is to ensure and extend the security of BlackBerry products and remove product security-specific barriers to success. SRG identifies security issues in the BlackBerry product portfolio and works closely with development teams to get issues resolved. The team also actively conducts research into advanced security threats to BlackBerry products and recommends defensive technologies.
Get detailed information on BlackBerry Security.